[Shotimes] how to test cooling fan for 3.8?

Koper Jim jkoper@frankgates.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:32:49 -0500

How does one test the cooling fan--for a 3.8 SLO? The SLO fan method of
operation IS different than a SHO fan.
The connector is a three prong/slot deal (which may be like the SHO. It's
been months since I've messed with the SHO). I've seen some instructions
that say to jump a wire from each slot (one at a time) to the positive
battery terminal to see if it kicks on. In the 3.8's case the ignition key
should be in the 'run' position, per the Helms.

I'd like to rule out (or rule in the fan), but only proper hook-up will
yield valid results. Thanks for the input.

Jim Koper