[Shotimes] R-1 bf goodrich

Christian Andretta passport@optonline.net
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:16:23 -0500

Start drilling holes in the plexiglass; you might increase drag slightly
though.  Have you hollowed out the bumpers?  What about removing the bracing
in the trunk lid?

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of don d
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 11:06 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] R-1 bf goodrich

I am drag racing my Sr 72 and tried some burn outs at 3000 rpms and no
traction at all.

I have kuhmo autocross tires on it now but do have a set of 205 16 bf
goodrich R1 auto cross tires on slicers.

I am thinking of taking the R1's off the rims and reversing the tread.

I have heard that alot of 1/4 milers do this with the R1's.

Like to get the list's input.

Also ... on a side note ... The Sr 72 weighs about 2816 now.

was right at 2900 pds. What i did is replaced the steel hood with a cinncy
cowl hood. Removed the windsheild wiper motor, wiper arms and assembly.

I have gutted the rear doors by cutting the inner skin out .. removing all
tracks ... and putting in plexiglass.

Also took the small rear triangle windows out and replaced with plexiglass.

I am going to probably remove the rear window too with plexigalss .. not
sure  but if i do, that will get me below 2800 pds.

That would put me around 2790 +/-

Now .. what else to remove ????? :)

dond