[Shotimes] 93 and 94 Differences

Adam Parrott Adam Parrott" <parrotta@usa.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:04:14 -0600

Don't forget the H3Z1, Steve (I'm running one in my '95 right now).  ;)

FWIW, the H3Z factory program actually uses firmer line pressure tables
than the D4U1, making the D4U1 a little "softer" in comparison.  The H3Z
also sports slightly more agressive spark tables and injector settings,
which may explain why some stock '93s are "faster" than their '94-'95
brothers.  I do feel that the upgraded chipsets which were used in the bulk
of the D4U1s are what set them apart from the H3Zs and, in combination with
the modified program, are what actually make the upgrade worthwhile and
noticeable.  It's not just about the "improved" line pressure tables.

Assuming you plan on keeping the car, Jonathan, then I would second Steve's
recommendation on the D4U1 and LPM combo.   Very nice upgrade, IMO.

Adam Parrott

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Tatro" <stevetatro@netzero.com>
To: <jonzane@kc2sho.com>
Cc: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 93 and 94 Differences

Your info is a little mixed up.  The '93 came with the H3Z (sometimes the
H3Z2).  The '94 and '95 came with the D4U1, which has, among other things,
improved shifting characteristics.

I swapped my H3Z out for a D4U1 a couple of years ago.  I was immediately
impressed with the improved 1-2 shift.

After getting the D4U1, contact Ted Breaux regarding an LPM.  It's a nice
addition to the upgrade computer.  FYI, Ted won't make an LPM for the '93
H3Z* computers.

Front brakes: '93 small, '94-'95 bigger, '96-'99 biggest.

If you want to see other difference from year to year, the www.shotimes.com
FAQ is a great place to start!

Good luck,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 175k miles
Monroe, Ohio

-- "Jonathan Zane KC2SHO" <jonzane@kc2sho.com> wrote:
Is there any difference between the 93 ATX and 94 ATX computer?  I know the
95 computer is supposed to have more positive shifting.  What other things
are different between 93 and 94?  Does the 94 still have the small brakes?

Jon

http://www.njfourwheelers.com/pictures/off-road_SHO/

I'll take 2!

Jon Zane