[Shotimes] ABS

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 06:59:01 -0600

Even without a Quaiffe, the wheels would spin at different rates. I believe
the computer throws out a few seconds of that. Are all of your tires the
same size?

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 182K Build date 11/18/1992
'99 Ford Taurus SHO Toreador Red Clearcoat Metallic 62K (soon to be Kirk'ed)

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://www.paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of van Oss
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 7:02 AM
To: Kevin & Cheryl Airth; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] ABS

Kevin, I will double-check the sensor that I just put in, and all the
others.

I have another theory that I want to ask about also:  We've had a lot of ice
and snow the last few days.  When I see the ABS light come on
intermittently, I wonder if the computer is being confused by wheelspin.  On
launches, it's easy to break loose in front, of course; I imagine the
engineers foresaw the possibility that front wheels might report much higher
speed than rear wheels.  This car also has a Quaiffe, so each of the front
wheels could be reporting different speeds, no?  Would the ABS computer get
upset about that?

VO