[Shotimes] ideas for convention in San Francisco 2004

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:58:14 -0600

Do whatever you want with these, they're just ideas.

1.  Awards for mods (maybe given for specific, individual mods):  Coolest,
most ingenuity, etc.   Place your bets now:  It'll be Paul Nimz, me, and
Adam Varney.

2.  Wrench session where we disassemble something(s) --- maybe engine,
tranny, or door --- so folks can see innards.  This might be an event for
vendors to SHOw off.  (See idea #10)

3.  Liven up the car SHOw by holding a parking-lot competition to see who
can replace some part (pick whatever is a reasonable challenge) --- on their
own car --- in the shortest time.

4.  Award for supercharged SHO with the most "up" time between opening
reception and closing banquet.  : )

5.  Hey, the convention is in San Francisco and you want to show us what SF
is best known for, right?  So the convention will have to include at least
one same-sex wedding, yes?   Yikes!   Who will it be?

6.  We'll be dining on Rice-a-Roni, yes?    (Get it?  Lunching on Rice?)

7.  Early San Francisco was a gold-rush town, wasn't it?  So part of its
growth depended on bling-bling?  [Ed. Note:  For this to be funny, you have
to remember the live recording of Chuck Berry's "My Ding-a-Ling."]    So
picture us at the closing banquet, the whole crowd singing a round of "My
Bling-a-Bling."

8.  Contest, overseen by Eva Fourchy, to see who can rearrange hotel
furnishings for greatest flow of Chi.  Possibly a timed event.

9.  Take a presidential straw poll:  Will it be the guy who edged out Leno
for the title, "The Chin"?  Or the Texan wearing the "Kick Me" sticker?  Or
the bonehead independent who thinks "spoiler" means something on the trunk
lid?

10.  Wet tee-shirt contest among SHO vendors --- and since it's in San
Francisco, yup, that means wet tee-shirts on the guys.  Should make a big
splash.  ; )    Gawd help us, this is just the sort of thing Doug Lewis will
go for.

I apologize in advance to anyone who was offended.  (Wait, I stole that line
from Janet Jackson.)

VO