[Shotimes] A/C, R12 to R416, OK ?

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:18:44 -0500

If you 'release', you are committing a crime. In addition, if you 'release',
there will be no vacuum in the system to suck the new stuff in. Just get it
done professionally.

Paul L Fisher

1999 Ford Taurus SHO TR 66K - Kirk'ed 2/29/04.

 - Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
 - Amsoil TS-124 Oiled Foam air filter

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Sho List
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 5:41 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] A/C, R12 to R416, OK ?

I work in a profession where I have some guys maintaining
some cooling equipment all day.  I told a co-worker of my
poor-working A/C.  I really think the manual blend door bypass
and a coolant recharge will work.  He said we have no R12
around, but we do have R416 which "has the some of the
components of R12" and I could re-charge on it.

Anyone know if this is true ?  Do I need to "release" all
of whatever is left of my old coolant before I try this ?

Thanks all,
Chad L
92 Red