[Shotimes] Re: 3.2 OverBore Questions (Ian Fisher)

David Rosicke d.rosicke@snet.net
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 04:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

Summit Racing has the Clevites on their parts list for under $100.- for the mains.  They might have other parts available as well.

Dave R.

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ian Fisher
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 3.2 OverBore Questions
To: Mark Nunnally
Cc: Shotimes@autox.team.net

--- Mark Nunnally wrote:
> > cleveite rod and main bearings-$100?
>
> rods are around $50 w/ tax, mains around $120 w/ tax
> (napa clevite)

Dunno-I bought them from Russ now of RCM automotive
awhile back..
.

> > lower end gaskets from Josh-$100?
>
> do you already have 3.2L head gaskets? Otherwise
> you got maybe $150 down
> there give or take

Yah, I bought those with the UGS

> > I am going to one of 2 NAPA's here. I still
> haven't
> > decided which one but I am leaning towards the one
> > that will do all of the assembly for me as I have
> > heard that they are quite good.
>
> napa's southeast regional shop is here in
> gainesville, it's quite big with a
> large staff, very good equipment. they do some
> performance type work (was
> over there yesterday and they had finished some 4
> banger rice rocket buzz
> bomb head with performance cams, springs, etc),
> although with having smaller
> projects done there you sorta get lost in the
> shuffle. There is another guy
> here in town, small shop, 1 man operation that I'll
> end up using for the
> 3.2L. Little easier to deal with the details and
> you get more attention
> with the little guy...

I will be dealing with one guy at one of the NAPA's.
He comes highly recommended from a buddy of mine who
has a shop. The particular shop that he works for
(NAPA in Blackwood, NJ) is supposed to be pretty good
as well. The other option was for the NAPA by my work.
Also supposed to be very good (they have a ton of
machines and a lot of projects going on) but they
don't assemble their work due to liability issues.

> > Oh-plus I still have the upper end to do once the
> > bottom end is complete. I have new OEM valve
> springs,
> > upper gasket set and valve seals. Will need shims,
> > cams (probably midwestSHO) and bronze valve
> guides.
>
> before you get cams check with SHO NUT...

Aren't the SHOnut and MidwestSHO cams the same thing?

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail