[Shotimes] Re:Moog part number protocol (OT, Nissan, not SHO)

James White greensho@crown.net
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 21:50:22 -0500

With the AWA up in Alaska for 3 weeks, I thought that it would be a good
time to tear into her (who must be obeyed) truck.  At 137k, this '94 MTX
Nissan 4X4 needs help.  The tie rod ends are shot and also maybe the ball
joints.  Also the brakes.

Went to the RockAuto.com website and things got confusing.  Hard to tell if
the $23 Beck/Arnely part is OK or the $45 ACDelco part is required.  They
also list a Moog part, but only for 2 wheel drive.

I will need 4, 2 right thread and 2 left thead, plus a center lin, less the
one outter that I already have.

Last fall, I knew that one end was getting bad, so I went to Advanced Auto
and ordered one.  Got a Moog part #ES3375 for $48.  RockAuto lists this part
for $34.  They don't list this as a replacement, but this may be because
that they don't get much of a deal from Federal-Mogul.  Like Walker/Dyno-Max
Exhaust.  They don't list the application, but you can get it cheaper that
most other sources.

It appears that the inner is the same as the outter, but with a left thread.

The vehicle application part of the Federal-Mogul website is not functional.
So what is the parts number protocol?  If $3375 is a right thread, is #3374
a left thread?  Or is #3376 the left thread?

And what could be the difference between the brake rotors which list from
$18 to $76?

BTW, does anyone know anything about Nissan V-6s?  I got a bunch of
radiator/heater hoses to replace along with the thermostat, but I can't find
where the thermostat goes!  Maybe, this goes where the "sun don't shine" and
I have to remove the timing chain along with the intake?

regards, Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'95 MTX - 282k - lots of mods
'93 MTX - 285k - few mods and starting to rust
'95 MTX - 138k - lots of mods (thank you David Bonds!)

---