[Shotimes] just reinstalled transmission, many problems.

Justin Jones dr_jones35@hotmail.com
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 03:12:26 +0000

Well for thoes of you who follow SHO Forum, i recently had my transmission
rebuilt ('93 with a '95 AX4N) and i just finished it today. I managed to get
her on the road and there were a number of problems. she slips very badly,
or so it seems. I doubt she's actually slipping as the transmission is now
ROCK solid (also using Redline Hi Temp ATF) . there is quite a bit of
vibration from the motor (possibly due to new motor mounts and new ALSFB's)
and under power she seems very sluggish. there was quite a bit of smoke
coming from the rear engine area on startup but that cleared up after a few
minutes. mind you the car has been sitting now for nearly 2 months. i know
the speedo cable is out (no movement from speedo) is there any thing i
should check? pretty sure the CV axles are lined up well, and the TQ
convertor fit snugly before i bolted up the bell housing. i haven't the
foggiest idea why she is acting this way. anyone have any ideas?

Doc
A.K.A.
Justin Jones
NN, VA

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.