[Shotimes] Running Lean in my 90!

Mike Murphy murphymike@hotmail.com
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:39:39 +0000

The only performance mods are the high flow 190 fuel pump which I was hoping
to make her run a little rich for the nitrous and the 2.5 custom exhaust.
I'm running the no. 9 AC Delco plugs which are colder.

Thanks for the help.
Murph

From: "Carl Prochilo" <gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org>
To: "Mike Murphy" <murphymike@hotmail.com>
CC: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Running Lean in my 90!
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:28:37 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Mike,  You probably already know that is a bad thing.  I don't know what
mods you have on that car, but I've heard that the Y-pipe upgrade can
cause the lean condition, presumably due to the higher flow it supports.
To that end, one of the LPM programming changes is specifically made to
address that problem.  The LPM programmer would use the recorded A/F curve
as input to the revised fuel curves.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo