[Shotimes] 96 SHO Brakes

Leigh Smith leighsm@comcast.net
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:05:11 -0400

Carl;

<snip>
> Separate question.  AZ carries a PFC-Z pad by mail order only.  Is this
> pad good for street use or really only suited for track use?
> --

Seems like you may have already ordered the standard PF pads, and that's OK.
I have run both, and I can tell you that the Z pads do stop better with
about 10-20% more friction (or 20% less pedal effort). But the penalty is
dust. Those pads are the dustiest things I have ever seen in my life. Clean
wheels would be completely black after 100 miles of highway commuting.
They are definately streetable though. One nice thing about the standard PF
pad is they don't dust all that much. Maybe save the Z pads for autocross or
the track.

Lee