[Shotimes] 96 SHO Brakes

Christina Casselton ChrisCass@pacbell.net
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:26:39 -0700

Carl--I was wondering if you were able to engage the ABS on dry pavement
after installing the new pads.  My son tried to get the ABS to work
after putting my new pads on but was unable to get it to kick in.  I've
only experienced the ABS kicking in once on dry pavement in the 10 years
I've owned the car, but wonder if that's normal or not.

Also, I've heard the reference to the "bedding" in of the new pads and
wonder if someone would explain this procedure to me or direct me to a
website that would explain how to do this for me?

I am going to be approaching AutoZone this coming week during the
convention about the computer glitch that caused me to get the wrong
front pads and see what they will do about replacing them with the
correct pad, so I might need to try this "bedding" procedure soon.

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone.

Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 1:39 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 96 SHO Brakes

Installed the new PFCM pads this morning and "bedded" them this
afternoon.  I knew the bedding worked because the wife said "pew those
new brakes really stink!" after I pulled into the garage.  The biggest
difference I notice about hard stopping now (besides that it feels
stronger) is that the fronts are now hitting their limit to lockup at
the same time as the rears or just before.  I am running plugs in the
rear bias block.  Prior to using the PFCMs, the rears would lock up
slightly before the fronts. If anyone knows of a pad upgrade for the
89-92 rears, please let me know.

The Ford pads (got them with the kit from FPS) I took off are virtually
brand new.  These things look like they would last forever.  I may put
these up for sale.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo