[Shotimes] 93-95 console

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:46:06 -0500

My 91 is now sporting a 93-95 center console.  The top panel was for an ATX,
with the narrow, rectangular opening for the ATX floor shifter.  To
accomodate my MTX rod shifter, I enlarged the opening with my hand router.
Fortunately, there's a plastic lip molded in that makes a nice edge, so you
can enlarge the opening about 3/8" on each side.  This is enough to clear
all gears.  When I can get a new shift boot, I'll fasten it on the underside
of the panel using the metal trim ring that held on the ATX rubber boot.

Thanks Bruce M. for sending mounting brackets.  It turned out that the rear
bracket needed two holes drilled (Gen2 bracket had 3 holes, Gen1 floor has 2
studs for which I had to drill 2 new holes).  Bruce sent me a second bracket
that is the same as the front bracket (forward of the shifter) as already
bolted into my 91.  I do not see how this bracket has any use with a 93-95
console.  Finally, it appears the 93-95 console expects a center bracket
(just aft of the shifter) that (I infer) bolts to the floor and accepts a
screw down through the bottom of the cupholder.  I do not have this center
bracket.

Can anyone with a factory 93-95 console (Al, are you listening) confirm my
guess that the 93-95 console requires a center bracket, just aft of the
shifter?  I'd be grateful for a photo if this is correct.

VO