[Shotimes] (OT) SHO replacement

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally" <marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:38:18 -0400

One segment of the 2004 Convention DVD is exactly this...what's a good SHO
replacement.

SHO owner Justin Schick allowed us to feature his recent daily "SHO
replacement", a 2005 WRX STi.  We met up on the way back from the convention
and spent a bit doing a little test drive feature segment.  It's obviously a
bit smaller than the SHO, more narrow inside than anything.  The backseat
room is slightly less than the SHO, headroom as good if not better, and
front seat to dash room just as good (justin is a fairly big guy, maybe 6'3"
or so) and fits fine.

The car made me feel like I was driving my 89, only no cage, A/C, CD, etc.
Lots will rag on the bling bling wing and hood scoop, but you must drive
first, then give your opinion.  It's a little ballistic missle that gives
fantastic feedback behind the wheel, and rides rather nicely for a stiffly
sprung car that has such good reflexes.  Very cool.

If you are into track work, you just put in some high temp fluid, pads, and
throw on the race tires and go for it.  Out of the box, this thing has the
right pieces and it's ready to run.  The manual adjust center diff is way
cool.

mark