[Shotimes] (no subject)

Bobbonnit1@aol.com Bobbonnit1@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:00:39 EDT

I recently failed a smog check on my '89 Sho  with 130k.  The Hc were about
10% over max, and so were the No%, The car  was slightly wrecked in the front
and was under a tarp for 10 years before  I bought it and fixed the body
damage, The white paint looks brand new and I  could tell the previous owner took
good care of it . The motor purrs and I thought by how smooth it was that it
would pass. I  get no error codes, new plugs,oil,coolant. I also checked the
EGR/intake for  carbon but all holes were open.
  I was told by a smog tech to replace the cats, but,  going by the way the
rest of the car and engine was taken care of, I don't think  the cats
replacement is necessary although that would probably let it  pass.
  So the 64 million dollar question is; Is there any of  you that has had the
same problem and passed the California limits by pulling  the timing jumper?
I'm wondering if by pulling it, it might bring me just under  the limit?