[Shotimes] Cooling Problem

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:09:14 -0500

Rich:
 If the fan is running at all, maybe you have some clogging in the radiator.
This is very common on cars that don't have the anti-freeze changed regular.
Any idea when it was last changed? Radiator still original? Have you changed
the radiator cap? They are almost always bad and if yours is not holding the
correct pressure in the system, cooling will suffer. How old is the
thermostat? Are you starting to run warm in traffic or what is the exact
problem? Lastly check for debris, especially between A/C condenser and the
radiator. It's not that big of a space and I have seen a good bit junk
collect there!
.
.

> Well, I just went and ran the EEC tests. Again, no codes, but that's fine
as there's no codes for the fans, heh.

> Anyway, the fans came on and I heard the higher speed, but it wasn't very
loud at all, seemed kind of weak to me actually. I remember the higher fan
speed being reasonably loud.

> Anyone in the Kansas City area with an ATX SHO by chance?
>

> > Rich:
> >  Run the EEC-IV test. This will cycle the ATX fan thru it's different
> > speeds. If you don't hear the higher speed you may have lost one of the
2
> > fans. It may be the fan motor or the relay box. Can you find another ATX
SHO