[Shotimes] UPDATE: SHO is DEAD

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:12:57 -0500

Thanks to Al for hosting the pic.  Grant got smashed at a
closing rate of somewhere near 80 mph by his description.

about a decade ago, son Ken was in his first year of driving
and was heading into town in our old pickup truck.  A mid
80's 3/4 ton 4WD regular cab with regular bed.

Attention wavered as can happen to teens in their first year
of driving and he rear-ended a couple of his classmates (a
couple of girls that were in his classes at school) that
were stopped in traffic in a honda.  He barely got the
brakes applied before hitting them square on.  Speed at the
time of crash was about 25-30 at most.

The entire trunk of the Honda wound up in the back seat, the
wreck looked amazingly like that of Grant's car!

The truck had a slightly broken grill, and the bumper was
bent a few degrees down and the license plate took a hit.
Never did get any of that damage repaired, it wasn't bad
enough, plus it helped with the "urban assault vehicle"
image that I wanted that old truck to have!

The girls were not hurt, their Honda was totaled.

The fact that the SHO took a LOT higher impact and came out
as well as it did just is amazing.

Don M.