[Shotimes] strut info

Christina Casselton ChrisCass@pacbell.net
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:57:48 -0700

Ah--Yes, well then the other alternative for you would be to move out
here when you come for the convention--AND STAY--cause we don't have to
deal with rust on our cars out here--and to be honest to you Robert,
when I wrote you, I didn't even CONSIDER the rust issue.  I lived in
South Dakota for 19 years, so I know ALL about the rust issue--but now
that I'm back in California again since 1988--rust is but a faded
memory, so sorry I didn't think of that potential problem.  Rust does
SUCK--big time.

Anyway, the offer to move out here is still open LOL.

Christina

On Behalf Of James F. Ryan III
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 5:15 AM
To: George Fourchy; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] strut info

> Sorry you didn't get it done.  If you were closer, I'd do it for you.

It's not a matter of you (or anyone else) doing it for us.  It's a
matter of dealing with the rusted-on parts.  I had trouble simply trying
to remove the RSB bracket bolts.  I just received my new Eibach springs
I won on eBay, and I'm dying to put them in  and finally replace the HO
Shop linears.  However, I don't think it's going to be easy or fun OR a
30-minute job, I expect the same frustration as Robert.  Looking forward
to your pictures.  Maybe you should make a video like Mark and Josh did
for the clutch and 60k.

I'm the opposite of you George, I have no problem with electrical, but
mechanical stuff (on this car) is always a PITA.  I've removed engines
and trannies from my other cars, but this car......maybe the SHO gods
just don't want me messing them or the car.