[Shotimes] con't exhaust question

ROBERT SCHIRMER 1surferbum@msn.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:24:29 -0400

Gentlemen (and Ladies)

Some of the comments have come back on the exhaust system talking about the
catback systems. I was under the impression that on the SHOs, the greatest
restriction is from the Cats forward, and not behind the cats. Therefore, I
was thinking about replacing the cats and forward, which means I can update
the cats, and fix the Y pipe restriction.

However, some have commented that the Y pipe does not provide as bad as a
restriction on a ATX, versus the MTX. Some have also commented that the Cats
were bad cause the fuel mileage dropped. As far as I know, my SHO has never
really gotten that good of gas mileage, but with a trip planned on Wednesday,
I am going to be checking the MPG.

I recently upgraded to a 80 MAF from Proflow. So for additional HP, should I
change the Y pipe and cats, or just the mufflers?? Which replacement (Cats/Y
pipe or mufflers) would give me an increase in Torque??

Thanks
Bob