[Shotimes] Chip Help

Adam Parrott Adam Parrott" <parrotta@usa.net
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:06:44 -0500

americanmotorsports.com and you'll be a lot better off, IMO.

Adam

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Tatro" <stevetatro_shotimes@earthlink.net>
To: "ROBERT SCHIRMER" <1surferbum@msn.com>; "TaurusSHO"
<shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 6:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Chip Help

As someone already stated, the first upgrade you want is the D4U1 computer.
The H3Z program was apparently such a piece of crap that it lasted one
whole model year in the SHO, then they revised it and were happy enough to
use it for the final two years of the V6 ATX.

I have a Ted B. LPM in my '93 ATX (with the D4U1).  He won't even program
one for the H3Z series computers; he'll tell you the same thing I am about
upgrading the computer first.  I think he still sells them for $200 program
med, which includes free lifetime reprograms (you pay the shipping both
ways, obviously).

I tried a Superchip in my '93 ATX for about a week.  I was testing it for
another list member who thought it may be causing their car troubles.  It
didn't wreak any havoc on me, but man did the car slam into certain gears.
Especially the 1-2 shift; I thought the tranny was going to fall out.
Luckily I have a good rebuild with shift kit, etc. to stand up to some
abuse.  I would not feel comfortable putting my tranny through that on a
permanent basis.  We all know the sloppy factory 1-2 shift is bad, and a
quick firm shift is good, but the Superchip just takes it too far, IMO.

Get the D4U1 and you'll know it's an upgrade immediately.  I was able to
feel the shifting improvements immediately.  The LPM just made it that much
better!

Good luck.