[Shotimes] suspension clunk

ROBERT SCHIRMER 1surferbum@msn.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:26:07 -0400

Ladies & Gentlemen

I appreciated all the knowledge you shared with me on chips, and I do need to
go check to see what computer my '93 ATX  (128,000 miles) has in it.

 But I did hear some thoughts about upgrading the suspension first, and I
sorta agree.  I recently enlisted your all help on upgrading the struts, and
just had some Sach/Boge struts installed. (long story, but I tried to replace
them myself with no success). I noticed my front sway bar link ends were bad,
so I replaced them as well with an after market product ( forgot the name) .
After that, I still had a clunking noise in the front while driving, so I
disconnected the sway bar, and the clunking sound went away. So, I went back
in and replaced the sway bar bushings on the frame. However, after hooking the
sway bar back up, I still get some clunking sounds at times, but not as much.
The clunking sounds do not appear if I make a tight turn. Does anybody have
any thoughts on this clunking noise, and has anybody had problems with
aftermarket sway bar links (they were the same length, but different
style-wider).???

I tried to grab the front tires while up on the lift, and moved them at the 12
& 6 position; and the 3 & 9 position, but did not notice any extra movement,
or clunking. But then, I might not have been able to tell a good one from a
bad one anyway??

Perhaps the clunking sound is from that one of a kind cheap Ford computer (H3Z
) you all loved soo much???

Appreciate the help
Bob