[Shotimes] Issues with Rear Tires

Timothy L. Sorrells tsorrells@goodegg.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:47:33 -0500

Tires are 215/60-16s.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mike Bruce
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 1997 1:25 PM
To: 'Shotimes'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Issues with Rear Tires

Stock Taurus struts do work on the SHO.  You should be fine there.  Your
problem is probably being caused by one of the two situations below:

What size tires are you using?  From my experiences 215/60-16,
225/50-16, and 225/55-16 fit fine on slicers with no rubbing.  Using a
tire that is too tall can cause the tire to rub the strut.

It could be because your springs/rear suspension is shot.  This causes
rear camber to increase, resulting in excessive wear on the insides of
the tire.  This is my guess.