[Shotimes] Re: (OT) Accidents Happen - Be Careful Out there!

Tom Smith tjsmith@monmouth.com
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:11:53 -0400 (EDT)

Going into the laces is a tough left hander. There is almost no run off
on the right side of the track. This year they have pushed the Armco wall
(what I used to call the wall of death, but is not too funny with this
story) back about 30-40 feet and added an enclosed tire wall. I will
have to relook when I am there August 29/30.

If I remember correctly (I try not to look at that wall when I go by ;)
Is that the wall angles back toward the track and pinches off any runoff
room.

This is the first year that every event I have been to someone has
wadded a nice car into a ball that was taken away on a wrecker. It was
not always in my run group before I get a Nunnally conclusion that
maybe a SHO was the cause ;)

I have not seen any car flips this year, so I guess it has been a better
year? That was an instructer with a student car and is a sad story for
another day....

Tom 91+