[Shotimes] Pimp My Ride

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 17:07:11 EDT

Mike W:  "I think Boyd is doing more of a  disservice to himself than good
with that show.  He's letting everyone see  how disorganized his shop is now.
Plus all the shenanigans that goes  on.  If I was having a car built there, and
saw all the folling around that  goes on out in the shop, I think I'd
probably get a trailer and go pick my car  up."

They just started a new show on SciFi last Wednesday, "Master Blasters"
(again tonight at 9pm Eastern, way cool) which is a two-team high power rocket
"build and launch".  You might call it "Pimp Your Rocket".   Last week's
premiere challenged the teams to build 6' x 6' versions of Dorothy's  house from the
Wizard of Oz, launch them and make them spin on the way up to  emulate the
tornado, eject the wicked witch at apogee, then bring 'em back to  earth safely
with Dorothy sitting on the porch.

I know one of the guys on the challenge and during the show he got really
salty when his crew chief started ragging his ass for taking too long  welding
up the frame and making crappy welds.  They had a big  shouting match with the
chief ending up by saying "My f**kin' ten year old could  weld better" and my
bud saying "Fine, get your f**kin' ten year old to come do  it then, f**k
you!", slamming down the torch and stalking off.  Way out of  character for him.
I e-mailed him to find out wussup, and he said "the  director said we needed
some conflict, because of all the teams we worked the  smoothest together and
they insisted that we juice it up for the viewers.   That's reality TV for ya."

So, I guess the moral is things aren't always what they seem on those  shows.

Cheers,
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 130k