[Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

David Carmean dlc-sho@halibut.com
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:27:21 -0700

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 09:53:41PM -0700, George Fourchy wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:10:14 -0700 (PDT), Shylo McKinsey wrote:
>
> >Thanks alot for ruining it for us you bloody
> >Californians. :-P

>From what I understand from at least one LEO on a motorcycle forum I'm
on, the main target is street drags and "sideshows", mostly by import
car drivers.  (Thus recent complaints about Driving While Asian.)

Apparently these activities attract a lot of idiots who get drunk,
spraypaint things, start fights, and sometimes run over pedestrians.
I expect the enforcement will be targeted much more at these import
cars than muscle cars or euro sedans.