[Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Mark Nunnally marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:10:54 -0400

I recall a pleasant summer day while in NY going to work and something came
up with the 92 (starter died or something, can't remember).  Suz was still
coming home from work (nurse-night shift) so the only other "ride" to work
was the 89!  Dig it out of the garage, probably fresh from a time trial.
Dress pants and tie, strapped in the 5 pts and buzzed to work.  During a
quick lunch run, got stopped at a NY state trooper seat belt and inspection
sticker road block (car did have a valid inspection).  Guy stuck his head
inside the car, took a look at the cage and belts, gauges blah blah...said
"ok, see ya".  Lol.

Yeah I got my seatbelt on, along with my fire proof suit, HANS and hot lap
timer, ;)

Wonder how many tickets that thing would have gotten in CA

Mark