[Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Sat, 06 Aug 2005 22:31:28 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Fourchy" <krazgeo@comcast.net>
> it was the New Yorkers, New Jersians, and New Englanders, who couldn't
keep up
> (menatlly) with a 65 mph speed limit, much less a 100 mph one.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.  Do NOT lump the rest of us in with the NYC'ers!!!!  NJ,
NE, and NY-staters do not have trouble driving 60mph.  It's the NYC'ers who
rub elbows with myriad taxicabs, busses, limos, trucks, not to mention
stoplights every 20 feet - that don't know what that OTHER pedal on the
floor is for.

(Atleast those of us on the BETTER coast can still drive 60mph in the rain
or snow.  I can't say that for you WRONG coasters.  One time I was driving
on I-5, or "The 5" as you guys call your highways er, FREEways, and it began
to DRIZZLE - not a thunderstorm, not a gentle rain, but a measely f'ing
DRIZZLE - and the traffic slowed to SEVEN....SEVEN MILES PER HOUR!!!!  You'd
think the Apocalypse was coming.  But, what else can you expect from a bunch
of nuts who, despite repeated OBVIOUS warnings, continue to live on a big
rock that's about to fall into the Pacific?)

The Odd Couple (remember that great show?) had an episode where Oscar and
Felix won a car in a radio contest.  They had to take turns getting up at
5am to move the car to the other side of the street so they wouldn't get a
parking ticket.  Whenever they used the car and returned home they had to
circle around the block for an hour before a parking spot finally opened up.
They eventually got rid of the car.  With all of the public trans - taxi,
bus, and subway - and your own 2 footsies or bicycle, you don't need a car
in NYC.