[Shotimes] Fuel Pump Electronics Question

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:18:03 -0500

Rob:
 You can test the pump from the plug on the fire wall that is used to check
for trouble codes in the computer (PCM). Do you have the Helm manual? They
have a nice little picture of the pin that is shorted to ground. This will
power the fuel pump directly.  Hold the self test connector (ST) with the
long side down. Now take the far right hand terminal and ground it. Turn on
the key and the pump should run continuously. If it still does not run I
would replace it. How many miles on it? I like this guys pumps.
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

 Be aware you may still have a IRCM problem. The fuel pump has a relay so no
fuse. I am currently running an external relay for my fuel pump that
bypasses the IRCM. If you do find this is your problem. I can send you
instructions for adding the external relay. Only have to cut and splice 2
wires and mount a relay. Pretty simple and only about $10 for the relay. You
got the second IRCM used?
.
.