[Shotimes] Fuel Pump Electronics Question

Zach Leahy leahyz@gmail.com
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:27:09 -0500

Ha!  I did the same thing, but I froze my fan in a block of ice after
a bit of snow rallying!

Yes there is a fusible link, that was later replaced with a maxi-fuse
in the under-hood fuse block.  I believe the fusible link is supposed
to be in a similar position, but mine had been changed out to the fuse
(93).

You will probably need to replace the IRCM as you fried the traces on
the board.   I cheated and soldered in som wire to jump the burned
traces and repaired my IRCM.  It was a temporary fix that has now been
in place for about 4 years.

Look in the service manuals for the exact location, but yes, there is
a fusible link/fuse, and yes you proably blew it.

Good deducting, no fuel pump-blown ircm.