[Shotimes] another turbo SHO

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:24:00 -0500

I don't know.  I think it's kind of the opposite now.

Back when the cars were fairly new, and expensive, with a warranty, and
often a daily driver, I found I was more reluctant to mod it and beat on it.
Now, they're so cheap, they're fun to have as a play toy to tinker with and
beat on.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 2:02 PM
To: Ron Porter; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] another turbo SHO

You finally did the right thing and got rid of the
SHO's. Now you are considering another one!?!?

I agree, these days it makes more sense to get a nice
play car and keep a low mileage SHO around just for
kicks. They are cheap enough to be able to do so. A
few years ago it made some sense to mod SHO's. With
today's automobile offerings, a much nicer car can be
had with the same (if not more) power or potential and
probably for less money as well.

None of the above actually means I'm planning on
returning mine to stock anytime soon. :)

Ian