[Shotimes] The Pillsbury Effect

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:59:31 -0400

I don't think it's a good idea, either. They work as intermediaries between
the buyer & seller, and it's in everyone's best interest for them to stay
relatively disinterested. For them to assume the "nanny" role opens up a
whole 'nother can of worms. Their level of involvement today is about right,
and they will tweak details as time goes o, and people come up with new ways
to screw them.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Al Fitz
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 11:59 PM
To: van Oss
Cc: _SHOtimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] The Pillsbury Effect

This is not a good idea. There are many more unscrupulous customers than
sellers. I'll give you an example:

Customer orders a timing belt tensioner and after you ship it he says what
he really wanted was a timing belt tensioner PULLEY. He doesn't want the
tensioner at all. He doesn't want to pay for it and if I want it back I have
to pay him for shipping and handling.

Another example, a customer wants a stereo system for his GEN III. I ship
him the amp, wiring, head unit, and CD player. I don't have a CD cassette
but he can pick one up locally for under $30. Customers says that it is an
incomplete system and refuses to pay and I must pay him $100+ to have it
shipped back.

These are real examples...

BTW, anyone have a tensioner pulley for sale?

AL FITZ SHO SPECIALS
alfitz@alfitz.com

SHO PARTS AT: http://www.alfitz.com

FREE ONLINE POKER AT: http://www.cardplayonline.com

Please include a copy of this email with your reply.