[Shotimes] enthusiasm...

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:42:26 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

The fact that the car was sitting outside for so long is a cause of
concern as field mice or other rodents may have chewed through wires.

As for the idle, 750 to 800 RPMs are correct.  What's more important is
that the idle be steady.  If it is not, that doesn't necessarily mean
plugs or wires.  It could be something else like the ISC (idle speed
controller).

About the exhaust, if the PO put on an a catback exhaust, that would
explain the burbling.  Most people like that.  Have you tried an italian
tune-up?

The EEC-IV has a decent onboard diagnostic you can activate with a paper
clip.  Go to Shotimes website to get the writeup.  Run the cylinder
balance test too.

Changing the oil and filter would be a good idea anyway.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo