[Shotimes] Request For Electronic Assistance....FUSE 4 always blows, no parking lights...NJ

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:11:17 -0500

 Frank:
 I have used this to fix the problem but it is not without risk!
 I wire a toggle switch in place of the fuse that blows. Make sure you mount
this switch where you can get to it while driving!! Then flip the switch and
see where the smoke is. Use a big gauge wire and a stout toggle switch. I do
a series of short on/off cycles to find where the problem is. Had a similar
problem finally traced to a wire for the dome light on the passenger front
door switch. Replaced the length of wire and got it fixed for good.The wire
was inside the foot well behind a plastic panel and I would never have found
it!
.
.