[Shotimes] Re: Car Buying ?s

Peter Maggiacomo gtsrider@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:05:50 -0700 (PDT)

If you go with another SHO, go for the high mileage,
well maintained. However, you have to believe in the
life cycle of parts. I would ask seller what has been
replaced in the 170K mileage. I would think that with
that mileage just about every wear item has been
replaced, meaning you could have 50-75K, relatively,
trouble free miles.
 I own a 95MTX with 85,000 miles on it. When I picked
her up 4 years ago almost nothing had been replaced,
but it was well maintained.
I had a long trouble free run, but when 05 hit
(the 4th year of ownership) brakes were ready to be
replaced, all belts, including timing belt, waterpump,
entire intake gasket set, and crank position sensor.
The good news, warrantee co. covered 95% of all work.
But with your $3,000 left, you can use it as a
warrantee for repairs.
-Pete