[Shotimes] Tire Width

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:33:17 -0500

Hijacking your thread, I find it hard to believe that Ford actually believes
that the rim is adequate for the tire. My BMW has 7" wide rims for 225 tire
size. Ford thinks 6" is adequate for 215's.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Beisler Jonathon
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:23 AM
To: Shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Tire Width

Hey all,
For once I'm not asking about a problem.  This is probably a matter of
opinion
more than anything, but I'll ask anyway.  Do you all think that I will see
any
difference in going back to the stock with of 215/60 after having 225/55?
Other than the look of course.  By difference, I mean handling, etc.
assuming
tread, temp and speed ratings remain the same.  My tires have worn
prematurely
and I'm going to get like 33% off my next set, plus a freebie because it
bubbled even with the tread indicators showing (God I love Discount Tire)
and
I'm contemplating going back to OEM size because I've thought the 225s have
sagging look to them on the stock rim.  I'm also thinking about new, bigger
rims but the AWA is not amused by that right now.  Any thoughts, experience?
Thanks,
JB