[Shotimes] Weird intermittent starting problem

miethos miethos@cox.net
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:50:42 -0500

This Saturday and again today my SHO has not wanted to crank for me.
Saturday night I drove somewhere and when I got ready to leave about an
hour later my SHO turned over when I went to start it and died 2 seconds
later.. Then wouldn't crank at all.  It will just not fire up..
everything else sounds and works ok.  I rode with a friend and about 2
hours later it started up and drove fine.  Now 2 days later I drove to
work and 4 hours later on lunch I went to crank it up and it did the
exact same thing.  It will first start for just a second and die
immediately then won't crank.  I haven't tried to crank it again since
that (about 45 minutes ago) but I am hoping it cranks later tonight when
I leave work.  I just wanted to get any suggestions on what would cause
this.

Recent changes ive done with the car were putting the battery in the
trunk.  Has been running fine with that change for the last month and
Saturday this happened.  Everything is pretty stock just the battery in
trunk and 80MAF with snorkel so far.  I'm off the next 2 days so I want
to try and troubleshoot this problem.

Any insight?

'93 MTX 102k miles.

Thanks!