[Shotimes] GEN II AC ... Can it Handle the Heat?

Peter Maggiacomo gtsrider@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

Ron... interesting. Your story seems to back up what
I've read in motor journals about the first 134A cars.
They were said to be NOT as cold as the former R12
units. But in time the engineers worked the effiency
into  the 134A units. Someone on the list mentioned a
colder enhancement refrigerent for 134A.
Could you tell us about it again? Thanks.
-Pete

In my purely personal opinion, with no hard,
scientific facts to back
it up,
my SHO A/C units are ranked thusly:

1: '89
2: '99

Way below them,

3 (tie): '94 & '95

Maybe it was just me, or the cars, but my Gen 2s (with
r134A) just did
not
seem to be as cold. Of course, the '99 was also R134A
but it seemed to
work
better.

Ron Porter