Ram Air was:[Shotimes] silencer cone

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:12:55 -0500

On my '89, the fit wasn't quite right, and I used black RTV silicone. On the
'94, the fit was excellent. Probably just manufacturing differences.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Kevin & Cheryl Airth
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:09 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ram Air was:[Shotimes] silencer cone

I had a sho shop can for awhile but it does not seal at all to the fender.
Also it's made for the MTX so it fits like crap on a ATX car. Another nice
feature Vadim never mentions before you buy the thing! So it still is
sucking hot air in from the engine compartment. You can add some thing to
seal the edges of you want to improve the sealing. But for the price they
charge for the can it should come with the proper seal!! I went back to the
stock air box (Some small amount of modifications are needed) with my 80 mm
MAF and used the Sho shop "Horn" to guide and hopefully smooth the air into
the stock air box. Very stealthy and looks pretty factory. I never found the
loud intake sounds to add any power.
.
.