[Shotimes] Sound while driving, odd

Miethos miethos@cox.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:04:06 -0600

I have a "whine" sound that I hear while driving.  More so in the lower
gears.  If I'm at a stop sign and I start going I hear it go higher and
higher with the RPM's as I accelerate.  When I push in the clutch or the
rpm's go down the sound goes away(gets lower).  It is directly in synch
with the revving of the engine for sure.  I would guess its something
like the alternator but it's really boggling me.  It's a fairly high
pitch sound.  Any ideas?  I had a 93 ATX previously and I never heard
anything like this before.

On a side note the guy I purchased the MTX from has some very loud
annoying mufflers on this car that I don't really favor.  More in the
ricer family in my opinion.  I am looking for a stock exhaust that I can
buy from someone or a website to view some nice ones to purchase.  Don
Mallinson's sounds good but any pics of it?  I think the Borla looks too
big personally and would prefer something that looks abit more normal
with the chrome tips on it.  All opinions appreciated!

Thanks,

~Joe Masters
93 MTX, Black