[Shotimes] Re: Clutch update

Barry Hayes Barry@kingcon.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:39:34 -0500

I took the advice and found a shop to do my clutch. Brought it in
Tuesday and during disassembly the front subframe bushing bolts broke.
Also, the trans mount was shot so the parts have to come from Ford. Two
day job is now a week long and $200 more. Also the rear main seal was
leaking, so now is the time. Rats, nothing is ever simple. The old
clutch was BAD. Four broken fingers, three more very scored on the
pressure plate, and the TOB was toast. All the parts are original at
133K  so I suppose I can't complain too much. But I will anyway.  Since
the trans is out, is this a good time to change fluid? Also, is there
any sort of filter to replace and what fluid do I need for a 95 MTX?
Being housebound though is a drag.

Barry Hayes

--
"It's all in the mind ya know"- George Harrison