[Shotimes] Convention hotel update-IMPORTANT!

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:14:16 -0600

I was on the phone with the hotel staff a good portion of
Thursday and here is the good news:

We have an increased block of rooms at the LaQuinta, again
this is in the same complex, same parking lot as the
Marriott.  VERY easy walking between the two.  In fact the
car show is EXACTLY between the two hotels.  Call the
Laquinta direct.  There are something like 35 more rooms as
of about 4pm.

Bad news is that virtually all the Marriott rooms have now
been reserved by this large group that is coming in.  The
good news is that most of those people will fly in so they
shouldn't screw up the parking lot too much.

Good news is that because of the huge block of rooms the
took there is a VERY good chance that they won't need all
the rooms and will release some of them about a month out.

There is a waiting list that you should get on, no
commitment, but if rooms become available, then you will get
one, and if there aren't enough, then the Marriott will FIND
you a suitable room at a similar rate nearby.  If you must
have a room and none are available at the Marriott, and you
can't wait for the list, ask the Marriott to find you
another hotel.

Finally, again, ask for Tiffany in reservations (she is the
reservations manager I think) if you are having problems.

See the SHOclub.com web site for all the phone numbers and
other info:

http://www.shoclub.com

Don Mallinson