[Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

Mike Bruce shoitoff@verizon.net
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:52:25 -0500

Alright, I've hit a snag.  I can't seem to get the crank bolt out.  I
think the 'tech' who did the 60k on this car lock-tited the thing onto
the crank.  I tried an impact wrench (even boosted the pressure on the
air tank past a safe limit), starter bump, impact wrench with pipe
wrench on the socket.  What are my options beyond what I have tried so
far?

Good news is the water pump drain hole shows absolutely no signs of
leaking.

Tomorrow night I plan to put in a new cam seal and sensor.  If I can get
the crank bolt out, I'll throw in a new timing belt and CPS.  The CPS is
the only part that I don't have in stock, but I can get one over-nighted
from North Jersey.  Is it possible that the relay box on top of the
radiator and fan has gone bad?

> The SHO would always pull crap like that on me before
> class. It would never malfunction after class. Stupid
> car-I blame my undergrad GPA on the SHO. :)

That is so true.  Windshield mystery crack and SHO Shop fiasco senior
year high school, Oil pan failure last year, and now this most recent
unsolved mystery.  Not counting all the little things that made me sorta
late for class.  Maybe I should ride my bike.  Only 14 miles each way.