[Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

G Kerby Haltom g.kerby@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 05:09:17 -0800 (PST)

Multi-piston calipers do a much better job at
transferring the clamping force evenly than these
stupid 1 piston, pin-slider things.  Think of gluing
two boards together.  Do you want 1 big clamp in the
middle, or several smaller ones all along the boards?

I've been loving my Porterfield R-4S pads I put on
this past spring.

I would also move up to the Ate fluid.  Valvoline
Synthetic is a good fluid, but the Ate has a higher
boiling point.

Kerby