[Shotimes] help-suggestions for removing manifold studs

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:18:46 -0800 (PST)

I had a pair of 1990 manifolds cermaic coated by
Jet-Hot. They look great but I should've removed the 3
studs that were present before shipping them off.
Thankfully one was missing already.

How can I remove the other 3? Mapp gas, PB Blaster and
vice grips haven't done anything. I'm wondering if the
ceramic coating is preventing the Mapp gas from having
any effect at all. (coating is good to 1300 degrees
and Mapp is 700 something?)

By the way, I'm replacing them with Josh's SS studs.
The one that I threaded in looks nice and should
remove easily if it ever breaks. I highly recommend
them to anyone building a motor.

If all else fails I can run them down to the machine
shop. I just hate driving 20 minutes for something to
small.

Ian

http://mail.yahoo.com