[Shotimes] front brake options for Sr 72 ?

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:41:00 -0500

Oh yeah and I'm making up a lightweight 11.75 in rotor for my car. Have the
wilwood rotors already, just waiting on the machine shop to make me the AL
hats. Can't beat $30 wilwood curved vane rotors.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX - SOLD but not far away
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO - Gonna be the winter beater again
*	94 White ATX LX - SLO - $100 investment car
*	96 TR - Cam Failed parts car :-(
*	97 ES - Cam Failed but will be revived shortly - 9/12/05

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Bill Murray
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:59 AM
To: shotimes
Subject: RE: Re: [Shotimes] front brake options for Sr 72 ?

There has been some recent talk of the bremo kit on the shoforum.  This kit
requires 50mm of clearance between the face of the rotor and the back of the
wheel spokes though.  That is a huge amount of space and just about
impossible to get on a wheel that will still fit insde the SHO fenders.

Someone actually bought the kit and the caliper did bolt directly onto the
spindle, just didnjt have enough clearance on the wheel.

The kit Don M is tlking about may be a good alternative, but it still uses
the heavy 96 rotor.  The TCE wilwood kit is still probably they best kit to
get, the Baer kit is good too, but unless you get it used at a good price
like I did, the TCE kit is actually more affordable i the end.

Bill