[Shotimes] Re: Competition Ltd. Wiring Harnesses

G Kerby Haltom g.kerby@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 05:13:39 -0800 (PST)

I've had a Comp Ltd. harness since somewhere back in the mid 90s.  I have had to replace the relays once, but that is no big deal.  I too couldn't keep the high wattage bulbs working for very long.  I have had much better luck with the Sylvania Silverstars than anything else.  Well, that and I replaced the lenses with new ones.  The pattern still sucks, but at least they are not cloudy.

At some point we just have to face the fact that these headlights sucked, even for the mid 80s when they came out, and they don't get better with age...

Kerby

Ian Fisher <dataflash@yahoo.com> wrote:
I haven't used that particular harness. I do recommend
the suvlights.com 9007 harness for ease of hookup
(single ground wire, single hot) and the fact that it
comes sheathed in plastic loom. For the same money,
I'd get that instead.

www.suvlights.com

Ian