[Shotimes] Widebody '94 SHO

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:24:09 -0500

Not really. If he goes to, say, 2" wider wheels, he can get wheels with 1"
more of offset and be fine.

As an example, my aftermarket wheels on the Subaru are 1/2" wider, and it
has 5mm less offset(close to 1/4"), which keeps the same amount of
wheel/tire weight on either side of the hub.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of cmichaelo@optonline.net
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:50 PM
To: Ron Porter
Cc: SHO SHOtimes; SHO V8SHO
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Widebody '94 SHO

I've been following that project.  Very nice and diligent work.  There's
another thread on shoforum with 100's of replies and updates, detailing the
progress in his work.

It'll be interesting to see how he's gonna fill those rear wells without
putting too much stress on the spindle, which I believe might be an issue if
say you put 2" spacers in there to move the wheels out.

Michael
94MTX,green,BOS+,Koni/Intrax,Baer,Corbeau
SHO items for sale: http://hometown.aol.com/cmichaelo/for_sale.html