[Shotimes] Re: Ford fuel injector cleaner

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:29:18 -0500

We just had a discussion on the V8 lst about this, as one of the guys who
recently bought an STI posted a link from someone on the NASIOC (WRX/STI
forum) about this.

I wouldn't do it, unless you already have an FFV vehicle.
Ethanol/methanol/moonshine has less than 50% of the BTU content of gasoline,
so you better have a price for E85 that is at least half of gasoline to make
it worth it. Yu have to run a lot more fuel through to get an equal benefit.

IMNSHO, for serious tree-huggers, Muslim-oil-producing-country-haters, or
people with huge amounts of ADM stock (all with a bunch of time on their
hands....and a spare engine in case they cook one), it might be worth the
effort. Otherwise, why bother?

Yes, running straight alky will give better performance, and the engine runs
cooler, but at what cost?

Ron Porter

  _____