[Shotimes] Re: Ford fuel injector cleaner

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:54:00 -0600

I ran a tank of this through my 03 Explorer FFV.  Yes it was quite a bit
cheaper than regular unleaded at the time (saved me about $8 for the tank
full), but my gas mileage was HORRIBLE.  It's already bad in that thing but
with the E85 stuff I got a good 2 MPG less.  I didn't do the math, but I'm
not sure I'd be saving any money by using it continuously.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Zach Leahy
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:24 PM
To: Ron Porter
Cc: `V6 SHOtimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Ford fuel injector cleaner

Speakin gof RFG fuels, we have just gotten stations carrying E85 here in
Fort Wayne. (85% Ethanol) and Indiana is slated for a huge ethanol plant
here in the near future. I keep thinking that with the tuning ability of a
tweecer and WBO2 it should be pretty feasible to make an SHO run in E85. I
expect it has a slightly different AFR, probably righer than pure gasoline
becasue of shorter chain molecules and burns slower so may need advanced
ignition timing.... . But that's all speculation.  anybody have details on
E85 and the differences it takes to burn vs. gasoline? If a higher Fuel
Pressure is required, I have plans to accomodate that in the near future. I
am thinking that it would be a fun project that may end up saving some cash
at the pump since I already have all the tuning capacity avaialble.  Z