[Shotimes] Replacing Brake Hose / Touch Up Paint?

Jim & Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 04:18:20 -0400

Touch-up paint can be purchased from your Stealership.  Buy both the color
and clearcoat touchup bottles.  Try to just put on enough paint to restore
the color but not fill the scratch.  Then use the clearcoat to fill the
scratch.  When you are finished you can (if you want) used 1500 grit paper
to lightly sand down any excess clearcoat and finally rubbing compound, then
polishing compound to remove any haziness.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Chris Riedl
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:29 AM
To: SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Replacing Brake Hose / Touch Up Paint?

	Thanks to Jim's suggestion, I got the endlink properly installed,
however the real problem is the rear brake hose that I went to
replace.  I understand how everything is supposed to work, except for
where it attaches to the brake line.  The junction is incredibly
rusty, so I soaked it a few times in PB Blaster.  What is the easiest
way to get this apart, and should I have gotten a second clip for the
line side?  I know that the line must be bad, since it isn't fully
releasing the caliper, and when I wiggle it around a bit, the caliper
releases the rest of the way!

	Also, any leads (dealer? or?) on a small jar/can of touch up paint
would be nice.  Someone decided to put a scratch in my door that
should probably be covered over.  I know that I've seen them
somewhere, and I need an Emerald Green one.

Thanks,
-Chris